Thursday, September 24, 2009

I like to make junk. You know, useless random things that only I find aesthetically devised for my personal home display. Here are a few things that I have done this past summer.
I learned to crochet. Yep. Kind of. Well, actually I learned to make hats. I can crochet hats.

I had/have this brilliant idea to find a way to contribute to my community. I thought that I would learn to make hats, then donate them to a battered women's shelter. If anyone wants to help out - I'd love the help. I am thinking of donating them towards the end of October. Email or facebook me if you want to donate hats.

This lamp is one of my favorite things that I've done for my house this summer. My mother-in-law gave me these old lamps; they were originally a blue and mauve colored. I wish I had taken a before picture. I took my obsession with modge podge out on them. I choose a color and design scrape book paper that went with my house design. I am pretty happy with how they turned out.

I made this a little over a year ago. I really like the vinyl lettering. I think the possibilities are endless. That makes me happy. My mother-in-law asked me to help create some things for her super saturday in November. I'm going to teach this and the family name plaque pictured below.

You know when you have a a picture in your mind of how you want a project to turn out. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. This turned out exactly how I have pictured it. I was thrilled!

3 comments:

Katy said...

Woman, look at you GO!!!!! Hats, lamps, signs, oh my! You're awesome... my sort of craft goes a little something like this... go to Porter's, pick up something super crafty looking, rip off the tag, claim the work as mine.... shady, right? yeah, well, the awkward part comes when people say, "oh well, I have the SAME EXACT THING that was bought at Porters".. then i kick them and run away.

keep up the supreme awesomeness!!!

love you!

Kelly said...

I love posts like this. thanks for posting the pictures too! VERY good job on all your craftiness! Everything is so cute! I am impressed about how you just randomly decided to help your community. Nice! You're so great!

Melissa said...

oooh i love the lamp! cute hats too! :)