What makes the perfect Saturday?
We woke up Saturday morning, at 8:30 (the perfect time to sleep in)...no plans for the day. "What do you want to do?" "I don't know, what do you want to do?" (Sounds like the perfect set up for a day trip to me!)
By 9:30 we were in the car headed for a three hour drive south to Virginia Beach. There were no crowds. The weather was warm, but overcast (no sun burns...I'm okay with that!)
We had ice cream on the board walk. Marshall really enjoyed it.
We made quick work out of some buffalo wings. Okay, so really I took the picture because I didn't want my BBQ smeared face in any pictures. yum!
You know, Mitch and I lived in Hawaii for a little over two years. We would go to the beach together quite often. In all of those trips we never looked at each other and said, "I want to bury you in the sand." Somehow, now that we have a three year old boy, I end up to my neck in sand. It was awesome. I think everyone should have "Be buried in the sand" on their life to-do list.
We played in the ocean. Wrote our names in the sand. Chased after the seagulls. Played tag with the waves. Swear we saw two dolphins in the distance. And walked around the pier. Marshall fell asleep on the way back home. What more could you ask for?
Friday, September 25, 2009
A day at Virginia Beach!
Posted by The Emericks at 7:50 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
wow! SO FUN! Glad you were able to get away for a day and just relax as a family! =)
how on earth did i miss this one!!??!!! I LOVE it!!! the pic of you buried in the sand makes my heart happy, it's too cute! what a fabulous day!
ps. i'll be commenting on your newest ones when i get home, but i was just browsing when i saw this!!!
hope you had a more than Fabulous Christmas, we love you!!!!
Post a Comment