In true "Anna Emerick" blogging style I have ignored the fact that I have a blog for months and then bombard you with a brief overview of what has happened in our lives those months of blogging absence.
Mitch got back from his overseas deployment in April. The four month deployment ended up being only three months. Lucky for Marshall and I. Although I do have to say we took pretty good care of each other while he was away, we really like having him home. It is great to be a family again under one roof!
In April, we took a visit up to Great Pap Hepner's house for a visit. Mitch and Marshall took a ride with Pap on the fishing boat. I love Pap and Gram Hepner. They are so sweet and always make me feel so welcome in their home.
In May we attended the Andrew's Airforce Base Air Show. We went there last year and had such a great time we decided to make it a yearly tradition.I am so proud to be an American. I seriously got goose bumps as the fighter jets flew over our heads and listened to the deafening roar of freedom.
They have so many different types of airplanes and fighter jets on display. I have about a hundred pictures from the day. I will spare you. Since you will probably see another post NEXT year.
At the very end of May we took a weekend trip with some of our friends, the Anderssons and the Nears to Topsail, NC. I have never been to a NC beach or rented a beach house before but I have to tell you I could seriously do this once a month. It was such a great time. Each family had their own room. Even the 3 goonies: Marshall, Josh and Brendan had their own room together - not that they slept much. We played in the sand, laid out, read books, and ate. Heck, we almost formed a band with our crazy bad guitar hero skills! Ok, I lied, we didn't. But it was so fun.
Saturday, September 24, 2011
A few things from May
Posted by The Emericks at 9:15 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Love NC beaches! Would love to do it again as well!!
Awesome beach! ps. your swimming suit is gorgeous... love it!
Post a Comment