Saturday, March 26, 2011

NYC Girls Trip



Is that me on the Brooklyn Bridge in NYC? YES! Can I tell you about an amazing weekend I had earlier this month? Let me first begin by telling you that I have amazing women in my life. For some reason I have been blessed with really good friends and family. A group of us (10 in total) took a weekend and took NYC by storm. We arrived in NY at like 5:30 AM on Friday! We went to the Today Show and stood outside hoping with all our high hopes to get caught on camera, but because of the earthquake in Japan they didn't come outside the studio. Never mind, we still had fun. AND we can say we went to the Today show. I saw Al thru the window!
This beautiful gal is my sister-in-law Trisha who joined us on the trip. She is really an awesome and fun girl to be with. I was so glad that she came with and by the end of it she swore she didn't think any of us were crazy.
We took a subway to Brooklyn and walked the Brooklyn bridge. Then strolled ourselves over to Little Italy for some amazing lasagna and were harassed in China town.

Of course we went to a BROADWAY show on Friday night! We went to the Broadway Musical, Memphis. Really, really good.
Saturday Morning went to visit Lady Liberty. Let me tell you, she is stunning!

Looking back at NYC from the Island. Can see the Brooklyn bridge in the far distance. You see how long that is? Yes, I walked across the entire thing! I know, it's awesome.
Ellis Island. It was amazing. I love, love, love looking at pictures. In the upper part of the building you can go through room to room seeing the process and actual pictures of what the new immigrants went through. It was interesting.
Inside Ellis Island.
Ellis Island gift shop.
Okay, so this place was incredible, we went there Sat. night after I bought 2 super super super cute purses, ring, and ear rings in China town. It's called "The Stardust Diner." When you go to NY you must go there. The food is yummy, but the service and entertainment is EXCELLENT. The servers are all aspiring Broadway stars. They sing and dance on the tables and through the entire restraunt. It was so neat!
Ordering our food at the Stardust Diner.
As we were getting ready to leave Sunday morning a limo driver asked if we needed a ride. Yes, yes we did. For $35 bucks we rode in style to our bus stop. That's right, we took a limo to the bus stop! It was my first time ever in a limo, and let me tell you, a girl could get use to that!
All in all, it was amazing. I can't wait to go back! Next year? Whose with me?

5 comments:

Kristen and Andrew said...

Oh what I would have given to come on a tup to NYC with Mrs. Anna Emerick!? HOW FUN! 1. The bridge isn't amazing-- you are amazing, for walking all the way across it... 2. I love how you loved the people "dancing on the tables"... Does Mitch know? ;) 3. You are beautiful and I am so happy you are having some FUN!! love you!

crystal carlson said...

That is so cool that you got to take a girls' trip to New York! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun too! And, I LOVE the slippers you made--they are soooo cute! Can't wait to see what you decided to make this year--just might have to steal some of your ideas :) Hope you all are doing well!

Liz Taylor said...

That's my home! I wish I could be closer to the best place on earth! I'm so glad you got to go, isn't is awesome?!

Katy said...

WHAT?! first of all, how on EARTH did I miss this post!?! And second of all... I'm totally with Kris on this one, I'd hack off a limb to come on a great trip with you!!!! You're amazing, gorgeous and so much fun, how I miss our days way back when!

The Excit-ENG times of Hank and Kami said...

Seriously the funnest girls trip ever! I think that we are going to have to plan girl trips more often!