Saturday, March 26, 2011

So for Christmas last year (yes, 2010)...

So for Christmas last year (yes, like 3 or so months ago) I decided that I was going to hand make all of the gifts that I gave to my family members. I know what you are thinking, I bet you learned your lesson. Nope. I enjoyed it. In fact, I enjoyed it so much that I am already planning in my mind what I am going to do THIS year.

For my mama, mama-in-law, sister, sister-in-laws, sister-in-laws friend, and nieces I made these super cute slippers. I don't do many things that I think turn out. But these did. I was happy with the final result. What do you think?



I found out how to make them and printed the FREE pattern on Prudent Baby (my new favorite) blog. Here is the tutorial on it: http://www.prudentbaby.com/2010/10/how-to-make-fabric-slippers-with-free.html

For my sweet nephews I made these adorable, and so SEW easy little boy ties. Here is the website that is on the FREE pattern that I printed off. It's www.purlsoho.com I am going to be honest here. I wanted to link you to the actual tutorial that I used but I can't find it anywhere. I originally googled "little boy tie patterns" and that is how I found the above mentioned site. Here are two pics a tie that I made for Marshall. I have made about 20 since then. Here we are getting ready to go to church.


Isn't he cute...waiting so patiently for us to get out the door.

For my brothers, brother-in-law, Dad, and Dad-in-law I struggled. What do you make for guys that they will actually use? So I opted for the fleece with the cut and tied blanket. No pictures cause they just weren't that cool.
As I mentioned before, my mind is already at work with new ideas for Christmas. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Kristen and Andrew said...

WOW!!!! Anna, you are so talented! Way to go! These are all adorable! My excuse: I don't have a sewing machine... but I'm afraid if I got one- I still wouldn't be able to make anything worth keeping- much less wearing!!! You're amazing!

Katy said...

Gorgeous AND talented.... stop being so awesome and come down to the rest of us on our level :)