Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The before, during and after pictures



I am not even going to make any sort of reference to my blogging absence cause that'd be about as lame as my absence...
Let's see, last you heard we'd purchased a townhouse. Alright, so we did in fact move into our very first "home". Not so much - renting, but moving as much as we have, we were very excited to move into our first home.
Now Mitch and I - we're not a afraid of a little work, we're not even afraid of a lot of work. SOOooo, we took about a month making our updates -you know, adding our personal signature to our home. Let me tell you, it was quite a bit of work but totally worth it! The townhouse wasn't in terrible condition when we purchased it, but it didn't look like our home. So we made a few major changes. Happy to say, "It's home." Here's some before pictures, the work in progress, and the after...

dinning room

front room
The work in progress...(even Marshall was put to work painting the basement!)
the basement

dinning room looking into the living room

tile work in front entry and bathroom
wood flooring in dinning room and kitchen
The after...

the basement/Marshall's territory


the dinning room

the kitchen

the living room

Well there you have it....(several months later.) Our first home.

5 comments:

crystal carlson said...

I LOVE what you guys did--it looks like you had professionals do it too! Congrats on your first home, how exciting! I can't wait for our first home!

Kristen and Andrew said...

WOW!!! IT looks SO GOOD!!! You have always been an natural at decorating! Way to go! -- Looks like a LOT of hard work!

Alison said...

Love it! Congrats on the new home! I bet you just love it!

Katy said...

AMAZING!!!! love it!! (by the way, Welcome Back to us... we've missed you!)

the work is terrific, way to go, i love everything!!! i'm really impressed with Mitch's handymannylike skilz and i'm always impressed with your artistic/domestic touch... you make things look so comfortable and beautiful. ps. who the HE#@ vacuums and achieves the perfect lines? YOU DO!!!!!!! (not i, sadly. not. i.)

thanks for inviting us "in" your home, can't wait to see it in person... one fine day! :)

Kelli Brewer said...

I don't know HOW I missed this post. You guys are amazing! I love all the work you put into the house.