Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Here it is... our first "home."


I'll make this brief because I should be packing but needed a break. So we're in the middle of the long and at times overwhelming process of renovating our new home so we can move into it. Now you see, this will make our tenth move in the almost six years of marriage. This is the first time we feel like we are moving into our "home". Very big deal for us. (I should capitalize that to emphasize just how significant it is to us) VERY BIG DEAL FOR US. (There, that's better.) We purchased our townhome as a short sale. It was left as is. Now it was not as horrendous as you might imagine, or like I might exaggerate at times. However, since this was our new house we really wanted to make it "Our Home" by adding our touch. Since we've purchased our home we've ripped out the carpet on all three levels, and removed the lynolium (ugh!) in the kitchen and bathroom, primed THE ENTIRE HOUSE, then PAINTED the ENTIRE house and baseboards, put new wood flooring in the kitchen and dinning room, tiled the entry, front closet and front bathroom, installed new lighting, new door handles, and blinds, and we are patiently (hm huh?) waiting for our new carpet to be installed on Thursday so we can move in of Saturday. Needless to say, this has been a lot of work! However, some people don't know that I use to watch Bob Villa with my Daddy-o on Saturday mornings growing up, AND I am a die hard fan of HGTV. So this has basically been a dream come true. Now I know what you are thinking, cause I would be thinking the same thing. Okay, so you can talk (type) a lot of work, WHERE's the pictures? I promise there will be pictures coming. Probably next week sometime. I've got a lot of packing and unpacking to do.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

wow good job! sounds really nice cant wait to see the pictures!

The Monkeys said...

Wow, that is a lot of typed work! you guys are studs! I can't wait to see the pictures. Rob will be home this weekend if you need help moving.

sochie said...

Hip hip hooray for your first new home! we are so excited for you and are more excited that you decided that "home" is just basically down the street from us. I cant wait for pictures too. i'm sure your home is beautiful!

The Johnsons said...

That is so awesome Anna. You guys totally deserve it:)

Katy said...

WHOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!! You're livin the dream!!! (or at least MY dream!)

I'm so flippin excited for you guys!!! a place to call your very own! No more rent checks. No more landlords. No more annoying upstairs or downstairs neighbors!

(can you tell how i'm DYING for a house?? :) )

can't wait to see more pics... ps. um Bob Villa is wicked awesome... he's totally legit, man.

Kristen and Andrew said...

IT'S BEAUTIFUL!!! I love love love it...so you Anna. I cannot wait to see what you have done to it! Good luck moving! ugh