
I have been introduced to a whole new world. I knew that it existed but never thought I would find myself completely engrossed and committed to it as I am. It's a cheapskate's heavenly world of, "Couponing."
I haven't always loved being cheap. It's something that has kind of grown on me since I got married as a poor college student. It comes so natural to me now that sometimes I don't even know when I'm being cheap. ;) With that being said - shopping the clearance racks in all my favorite stores, or splurging at Ross and TJmax or finding an unexpected sale is the only way I roll. Now that I have learned the wonderful art of "couponing" there is a total elation that comes when I find a great sale and can use a coupon.
I have heard stories about frugal moms that literally cut their grocery bill by 50 -70%. There are true stories of women that can leave a store with a full grocery cart of over $100 dollars worth of groceries and their out of pocket expense was only $12.00. As I heard these fascinating stories my pocket book became more and more envious. SO, I did a little investigating and found that it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. I watched an short informative video found here: www.savvyshopperdeals.com
Grocery shopping will never be the same!
4 comments:
Heart Pounding.
Palms Sweating.
Heavier Breathing.
(no, this isn't going to turn nasty, I promise)
that's just the reaction I get when I leave the store knowing that I practically Robbed them BLIND (tilt head back, villainous laughter... Bwhahaha)
I guess I'm the person who feels viable now that I'm a non-working-outside-the-home-stay-with-the-two-year-old-all-day Mom now that I'm an Extreme Couponer... In fact I might start a club... wanna join? (i used to mock people like me... who argue with the poor checkout girl that it's 10 cents cheaper somewhere else and I'll buy it there if they don't give me that price... oh how sad.)
BUT It's the glee you feel when you've found the hidden treasures buried deep within a clearance rack or the elation you get when you add up your Gas Reward points and completely fill up your car for only $2.31.... oh the POOOWER.
Welcome back, I've missed you. Sorely. Please don't forget to post pics of our lovely Marshman- he too is missed. How's the other side of the world (ok, well, not literally)
sorry for the intensely long comment... I just get so excited about coupons.
Coupons, Coupons, Lovely lovely coupons.
That's so cool! I've been wanting to do the coupon thing for a while, but I haven't because it seemed like a lot of time & a little confusing. So, maybe I'll have to give it a whirl! Be sure to share any amazing deals you find!
I have to say I am a little Jealous, because I really don't know how to be a coupon Mom. Where to start I have no clue. But good for you for enjoying it and using it!! More power to you!
Post a Comment