Saturday, March 28, 2009

Valentine's Day Adventure!

I am not that great at giving Mitch gifts. It's not that I don't love him, or think the world of him. I am just really practical. Practical gifts make sense to me. Everyone needs socks - why not give them as a birthday surprise? What man wouldn't enjoy a nice new tie for Christmas? I personally think shaving cream is a great stocking stuffer! When you're showering the one you love with gifts galore for Christmas, Valentines, birthday, anniversaries, etc. etc. etc. why not give them the "gifts" you know they need? I understand my views are not shared by all. SOOOOO for Valentine's this year I concocked a special treat! I decided to get something for Mitch that I knew he DIDN'T need. Thanks to Good Things Utah I got this wonderful idea to give Mitch his very own personal flight lesson from Leading Edge Aviation in SLC. It was fantastic! Mitch took a brief course on flying, then he flew himself, a flight instructur and I over the Wasatch Valley. He assisted with take off and landing, and basically took the wheel (or whatever aviation lingo is for the thingy that steers the plane) while we were up in the air. It was awesome! A memory that I think we both needed!

3 comments:

Katy said...

Let me be perfectly honest here: I am 128 blogs behind while i've been out here on vacation(and i comment on every single one of them) but YOURS is the ONE and ONLY blog that i am actually going to break my "no commenting on vacation" rule with!!!! YOU UPDATED!!!!! WHOO HOO (i'm doing a mental and emotional Happy Dance)
Foremost, you're a terrific writer... not a lie, you should start some freelance work and get your first million that way! But also, i LOVE this Vday gift idea (look at you, making all us other wives look like a big bag of poop with our lame-o gifts like, "oh hunny, for this DayOLove you'll get a ten minute back scratch... and that's it, no more, no less... well, most likely less if anything at all" What a fun date though!!! Welcome back to the blog... we have missed you sorely!

Kelly said...

Hey! I just found your blog! I love it and I'm so glad! You're moving to DC?!! Wow. That's gonna be so different from Utah! We're moving to Arkansas soon. Its gonna be a crazy couple of months!

That is an AMAZING valentine's day gift! What fun memories you'll have!!

crystal carlson said...

That is such an awesome gift idea! Danny would be sooooo jealous! I bet Mitch loved it! Great idea and way to score some brownie points!