Thanks to the help of many amazing and super talented women from my ward we were able to donate fifty-five hats to the Women's shelter in Dumphries. It amazed me how they all jumped on the wagon and quickly turned my meager, 12 amateur looking hats into fifty-five covetous hats. Couldn't have done it without them!
Here are a few pictures of the end results!
Doesn't it amaze you how generous people can be? It amazes me how willing people are to help. So many times we only notice the turmoil around us screaming chaos and misery through the media. Yet, if you can take a step back to look at those closest to you, you'll see compassionate mothers, loving fathers, supportive friends, and teachable children. When people are given the opportunity to let their light shine they often emit such a light that transcends beyond all expectations. From my experiences I have found that people willing serve and contribute to their community when given the opportunity. They're consistently and quietly serving; going unnoticed in their daily routines. People genuinely want the world to be a better place. They creatively find ways to build others up and leave imprints of compassion as they go.
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Fifty-five Hats! Yeah for us!
Posted by The Emericks at 2:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Anna, you write so beautifully. You really have a way of expressing yourself through words very gracefully and i love reading your blogs. Thanks for being one of those quiet, compassionate servants. Our community is a much better place because of you:)
don't worry- I blog stock a lot of people! I'm glad someone reads it. I started it, because as military people we are never by our families. I wanted them to see pictures and stuff, but Rob's side doesn't look at it at all. They are computer illiterate or tell me they are too busy. I love your banner pic. So beautiful!
What an awesome example you are! What a really neat project!
ANNA... thank you for being so cool-- and an example to us all! love you!
Post a Comment